Grilling seems to be the easiest way of cooking; it is fun and will definitely not leave you panting. Not only is it the easiest way of cooking, but the essence that charcoal leaves makes everybody’s mouth watery. You know you will not have to worry while inviting guests for a party, because grilling does not take much. But is charcoal grilling just about flipping the hot dog and burgers? Well, if you think so then you need to go into depth and make the most of your best charcoal grills, in order to get the best results. So, let us go through a few pointers that we shall keep in mind for the next time when we decide on using the charcoal grill.
- Pen down your plan!- now, before you go and start making food, just pen down the number of people you will be making the food for, what all things you will need while cooking and how much coal you will need. This will make your job easier and you will not be stressed while cooking because you will be knowing what exactly you have to do. Just follow the steps according to your plan and get all the prerequisites, so that you do not stress yourself later.
- Use a chimney- no matter which coal you are going to use, it can get a little troublesome, and perhaps, to avoid this trouble we suggest you to buy a chimney. The best part about a chimney is that, it controls the excess smoke and is not expensive. Therefore, you do not need to worry about money before buying it. Also, make sure you place a newspaper or something as a base in the lower compartment and fill the upper chamber with coal. After 15-20 minutes just remove the coal with the help of gloves. Make sure the gloves are safe and of good quality, so that you do not end up burning your hands.
- Use a lighter fluid– if, you are using a chimney, then it will be more suitable for you to use a lighter fluid. This fluid will keep the coals glowing, however, make sure the fluid is not too light, because then the food will be left in a chemical state. Therefore, one needs to be cautious about the fluid and the quantity you will be using. Now just wait for the fluids to burn off and make sure the ash has become lighter before you commence the food.
Know the tools well! – Well, last but not the least, you should be knowing about the tongs and spatula well. Though, there are fancy sized tools available in the market, but a standard size of tongs and spatula shall be more than enough. This is because, a humongous sized spatula may cause you difficulty while handling, and a small size might just fall into the grill. Therefore, the safest option is the standard size tools. Perhaps, do not just buy anything that is into fad.
We often here dieticians talking about how everyone needs to have a balanced diet, but how many of us follow it? There is is the very small proportion of people who believe having a balanced diet is necessary. And when we say this we are talking about the upcoming generation that believes in having pizzas and burgers over a bowl of dal. Well, what is exactly is a balanced diet? A balanced diet requires a person to consume all the necessary nutrition in depth. In this diet, one needs to have the right amount of proteins, sugar, and all the other components. People get away with the excuse that it is difficult to have a balanced diet every day. But let us look at a few reasons which will make everyone believe how pivotal a healthy diet is.
- You can lose weight- one can lose weight if they cut down on their in-take of junk food. Junk food any way should be consumed the least by everyone, but if, you are planning to lose weight then having a balanced diet will make your work easier. The best part is it is the healthiest diet; it will not demand you to eat anything from outside and keep you strong.
- Reduces the risk of type2 diabetes– the reason why one gets caught of type2 diabetes is the poor eating habits or family history. Now, looking at the eating habits of our generation, we know every kid loves junk food, perhaps they get devoid of the important nutrients that their body needs. This will eventually lead into the kid getting too weak or gaining weight and becoming obese. Therefore, to avoid such situations, it is necessary to have a balanced diet and stay fit.
- Best for your heart- did you know that having a balanced diet is the best for your heart? A diet that includes all veggies, nuts, and fruits makes one’s heart stronger. This will provide you will omega-3-fatty acids and monounsaturated fats that keep your heart strong and are best for the function of heart. Not only this, but it also helps the heart in avoiding from consuming the trans-fats. We all know how much trans-fats need to be avoided. They not only affect the heart but make one gain weight very easily; perhaps a balanced diet is a must.
Reduces the risk of the most type of cancers- poor eating habits and consuming too much of alcohol and meat increases the risk of cancer. If you think about it, you will get tired of calculating the amount of money you have splurged on buying food from outside and alcohol. Think, if you had spent this money on something that was more important or for your future savings, it would have been so useful. Therefore, linking this with the earlier point of cancer, we are sure everybody wants to stay safe, and if you want to stay safe then eat healthily. Avoid excess of alcohol and junk food.
Carbohydrates, lately known as carbs are an important part of diet. One cannot do without carbs. If you are thinking that you can lose weight by not having carbohydrates, you are definitely wrong. Crabs provide us with necessary fiber, which our diet cannot be devoid of. However, it is true that in order to lose weight one needs to be shrewd about good carbs and bad carbs, basically, you should be knowing which carbs can be included in your diet and which are the ones that you need to stop having.
Now, let us get acquainted with the good carbs and bad carbs, and, on what basis are they different from each other. So, if you are intending on losing weight, it will good if you have carbohydrates that are low in calories and high on fibers. Perhaps, the carbs that are to be avoided will be high on calories and low on fibers. Therefore, you know that the carbs that are low in calories are easy to digest, whereas, the latter one are not so easy to digest. However, the good part about the good carbs is that they are filling. Therefore, you will not feel hungry after eating them. It is important to know that these good carbs are also known as complex carbs, therefore, do not confuse yourself with complex carbs and good carbs, because they are the same.
Which are the food items that can be listed amongst the bad carbs? As discussed above, the bad carbs are high on sugar level and low on fibers, perhaps there digestion is also slowed down. These are the ones which are good only good for occasions, but you cannot include them in your daily diet. A few of them are candies, artificial syrups, white sauce pasta and white bread. Unless you wish to gain weight, you should be oblivion to these foods.
Now, now, why are good carbs exactly called good? We know that they low on sugar level and have a good amount of fiber, but there is one more reason, complex carbohydrates have lower glycemic load, which means that they have less amount of sugar and they provide you that with a more consistent rate. Therefore, instead of having white rice, prefer having brown rice and have whole wheat pasta instead of white sauce pasta. Foods like whole oats, brown bread, whole grain corn, fruits and vegetable are rich in fiber and good for a healthy diet. Moreover, these carbs take a longer time to break down into glucose, and perhaps, are good for your diet if you wish to lose weight at the earliest.
It is pivotal to note that all the carbs are alike, perhaps, it is necessary to make a dichotomy between them, in order to know what is healthy and what is not healthy. For instance, potatoes are sometimes listed amongst good carbs, whereas they release a high amount of sugar and they are to be listed amongst the simple or bad carbs.