Grilling seems to be the easiest way of cooking; it is fun and will definitely not leave you panting. Not only is it the easiest way of cooking, but the essence that charcoal leaves makes everybody’s mouth watery. You know you will not have to worry while inviting guests for a party, because grilling does not take much. But is charcoal grilling just about flipping the hot dog and burgers? Well, if you think so then you need to go into depth and make the most of your best charcoal grills, in order to get the best results. So, let us go through a few pointers that we shall keep in mind for the next time when we decide on using the charcoal grill.
- Pen down your plan!- now, before you go and start making food, just pen down the number of people you will be making the food for, what all things you will need while cooking and how much coal you will need. This will make your job easier and you will not be stressed while cooking because you will be knowing what exactly you have to do. Just follow the steps according to your plan and get all the prerequisites, so that you do not stress yourself later.
- Use a chimney- no matter which coal you are going to use, it can get a little troublesome, and perhaps, to avoid this trouble we suggest you to buy a chimney. The best part about a chimney is that, it controls the excess smoke and is not expensive. Therefore, you do not need to worry about money before buying it. Also, make sure you place a newspaper or something as a base in the lower compartment and fill the upper chamber with coal. After 15-20 minutes just remove the coal with the help of gloves. Make sure the gloves are safe and of good quality, so that you do not end up burning your hands.
- Use a lighter fluid– if, you are using a chimney, then it will be more suitable for you to use a lighter fluid. This fluid will keep the coals glowing, however, make sure the fluid is not too light, because then the food will be left in a chemical state. Therefore, one needs to be cautious about the fluid and the quantity you will be using. Now just wait for the fluids to burn off and make sure the ash has become lighter before you commence the food.
Know the tools well! – Well, last but not the least, you should be knowing about the tongs and spatula well. Though, there are fancy sized tools available in the market, but a standard size of tongs and spatula shall be more than enough. This is because, a humongous sized spatula may cause you difficulty while handling, and a small size might just fall into the grill. Therefore, the safest option is the standard size tools. Perhaps, do not just buy anything that is into fad.
The world shall not face ultimate doom due to a zombie apocalypse, alien insurgency or even mathematics; it shall be due to the absence of barbecues – for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Cue in your gasps.
Here are a few great reasons that prove the awesomeness that barbecues behold:
- It’s for all humanity, and it respects your preferences.
As the text above says, barbecues can be consumed by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. For anyone who dissuades the flavor and the ripples of satisfaction it sends to you if you consume grilled vegetables, I would bring to your notice the bliss that veggies can bring about (shocking, I know) if you can cook the barbecue to perfection. For non-vegetarians, the options are immense ranging from the meat of various kinds to veal to fish. Again, the technique is to grill it to your liking.
- Gather all ye’ friends and roast away.
As absolute social beings, we require the presence of other equally laudable people to appreciate the finer sprinklings of gossip as well as the exchange of information. Communication can be erratic over groups of individuals according to their preferences, but barbecues always bring in social gatherings to discuss how shitty the weather is, the functioning of the government, foreign affairs, passion towards sports, and other such news. What better way to be casually social than to open bottles of beer and chill around grilling eatables?
- Affordability in the summer
When the sun’s scorching rays mess up with your brain and leave you indecisive of where to hang out, never fear for barbecues are here. Not only does it become an outdoor activity (yet you stay in your houses) for anyone too restless to go out, you can bear the summer heat. So while thousands of plans get canceled because of the sweat, you can rely on barbecues to curb your worries.
- Easy guide to becoming a master chef.
With all sorts of variety of best electric smokers looming up in the market, you can be assured that if you follow certain instructions, your very hands might create something magical, later to be devoured by your taste buds. All sorts of gadgets are for easy accessibility. Moreover, recipe books that will surely help you cook your grill to extraordinary magnificence are sprawled all over the Internet. Here’s your token to writing one success story of preparing a fabulous dish without setting a kitchen on fire.
- Following norms setting trends.
Granted, homemade or restaurant barbecues in India are not as in fashion as in the US. But that is the point. Aren’t you bored of your regular oven based grilling or repeated cuisines? With barbecues, you get to try something new, exciting and delicious. If you aren’t able to indulge in cooking one at home, you can always visit any close by restaurant and get a kick of uniquely blended flavors. Put a pause on your regular cuisine and try something different. Start a trend!
You’re missing out on gold dug amidst barbecue flavors if you don’t try it once. The world will die a slow death. Lessen the pain and get your dish today.