Often people confuse themselves with the definition of a vegan and a vegetarian. It is true that both of them do not consume meat and fish. However, vegetarians still consume eggs and dairy products, whereas a vegan would never eat any food that is produced by an animal. Therefore, vegans do not eat eggs, honey, and obviously, do not consume dairy products. What is to be noted here is that, Veganism is a philosophy and Vegetarianism is a lifestyle. What exactly this means is that, Vegans behold strong political thoughts and beliefs. They are totally against the slaughter of animals, perhaps, they show their concern and respect for animals by not consuming dairy products and eggs. Vegetarianism is called a lifestyle, because vegetarians eat products that would benefit their health.
However, among these vegetarians there are people who eat eggs but not dairy products and are named as Ovo-vegetarians. Similarly, there are people who consume dairy products and not eggs and are named as lactovegetarians. Therefore, there is a different term according to the diet. Now, there is also pescetarianism, which is a diet that includes dairy products and poultry but does not include fish.
Talking about the vegans, they are against the killing of animals and further using their products. This means that they do not consume poultry, dairy products, and eggs. Their diet includes all the vegetables and any other product that is not produced by an animal. As was stated earlier, veganism is a philosophy, and it entails people who hold strong political beliefs. Therefore, vegans just don’t eat animals’ products, but it is extended to clothes, shoes, and belts also. You will usually find a vegan expressing their deep thoughts on how people should avoid using leather belts, shoes and not using fur jackets. Therefore, for vegans, it Is not about their diet, but about the importance of animals and how humans should stop being selfish.
There might be reasons behind why a person converted them into a vegetarian or why he chose to be a vegetarian over a vegan. For most people, it is about being healthy and following a diet which keeps them fit. Therefore, they prefer having what is low in carbs and calories. Therefore, consuming the white part of egg makes them fit as well as an Ovo-vegetarian. This is why vegetarianism is called a lifestyle because people choose what to eat and what not to eat according to their diet chart. Reasons other than this, could be possibly due to allergies, for instance, if a person is allergic to fruits, that person might find a replacement for fruits and would start consuming dairy products. Therefore, this is exactly what differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian, a vegan does not keep choices in front of him, whether he should have dairy products or honey, a vegan is just against honey and all the products that are a product of animals. A vegan would perhaps go around informing people that how they are mean by using animals for their benefit.
Grilling seems to be the easiest way of cooking; it is fun and will definitely not leave you panting. Not only is it the easiest way of cooking, but the essence that charcoal leaves makes everybody’s mouth watery. You know you will not have to worry while inviting guests for a party, because grilling does not take much. But is charcoal grilling just about flipping the hot dog and burgers? Well, if you think so then you need to go into depth and make the most of your best charcoal grills, in order to get the best results. So, let us go through a few pointers that we shall keep in mind for the next time when we decide on using the charcoal grill.
- Pen down your plan!- now, before you go and start making food, just pen down the number of people you will be making the food for, what all things you will need while cooking and how much coal you will need. This will make your job easier and you will not be stressed while cooking because you will be knowing what exactly you have to do. Just follow the steps according to your plan and get all the prerequisites, so that you do not stress yourself later.
- Use a chimney- no matter which coal you are going to use, it can get a little troublesome, and perhaps, to avoid this trouble we suggest you to buy a chimney. The best part about a chimney is that, it controls the excess smoke and is not expensive. Therefore, you do not need to worry about money before buying it. Also, make sure you place a newspaper or something as a base in the lower compartment and fill the upper chamber with coal. After 15-20 minutes just remove the coal with the help of gloves. Make sure the gloves are safe and of good quality, so that you do not end up burning your hands.
- Use a lighter fluid– if, you are using a chimney, then it will be more suitable for you to use a lighter fluid. This fluid will keep the coals glowing, however, make sure the fluid is not too light, because then the food will be left in a chemical state. Therefore, one needs to be cautious about the fluid and the quantity you will be using. Now just wait for the fluids to burn off and make sure the ash has become lighter before you commence the food.
Know the tools well! – Well, last but not the least, you should be knowing about the tongs and spatula well. Though, there are fancy sized tools available in the market, but a standard size of tongs and spatula shall be more than enough. This is because, a humongous sized spatula may cause you difficulty while handling, and a small size might just fall into the grill. Therefore, the safest option is the standard size tools. Perhaps, do not just buy anything that is into fad.
We often here dieticians talking about how everyone needs to have a balanced diet, but how many of us follow it? There is is the very small proportion of people who believe having a balanced diet is necessary. And when we say this we are talking about the upcoming generation that believes in having pizzas and burgers over a bowl of dal. Well, what is exactly is a balanced diet? A balanced diet requires a person to consume all the necessary nutrition in depth. In this diet, one needs to have the right amount of proteins, sugar, and all the other components. People get away with the excuse that it is difficult to have a balanced diet every day. But let us look at a few reasons which will make everyone believe how pivotal a healthy diet is.
- You can lose weight- one can lose weight if they cut down on their in-take of junk food. Junk food any way should be consumed the least by everyone, but if, you are planning to lose weight then having a balanced diet will make your work easier. The best part is it is the healthiest diet; it will not demand you to eat anything from outside and keep you strong.
- Reduces the risk of type2 diabetes– the reason why one gets caught of type2 diabetes is the poor eating habits or family history. Now, looking at the eating habits of our generation, we know every kid loves junk food, perhaps they get devoid of the important nutrients that their body needs. This will eventually lead into the kid getting too weak or gaining weight and becoming obese. Therefore, to avoid such situations, it is necessary to have a balanced diet and stay fit.
- Best for your heart- did you know that having a balanced diet is the best for your heart? A diet that includes all veggies, nuts, and fruits makes one’s heart stronger. This will provide you will omega-3-fatty acids and monounsaturated fats that keep your heart strong and are best for the function of heart. Not only this, but it also helps the heart in avoiding from consuming the trans-fats. We all know how much trans-fats need to be avoided. They not only affect the heart but make one gain weight very easily; perhaps a balanced diet is a must.
Reduces the risk of the most type of cancers- poor eating habits and consuming too much of alcohol and meat increases the risk of cancer. If you think about it, you will get tired of calculating the amount of money you have splurged on buying food from outside and alcohol. Think, if you had spent this money on something that was more important or for your future savings, it would have been so useful. Therefore, linking this with the earlier point of cancer, we are sure everybody wants to stay safe, and if you want to stay safe then eat healthily. Avoid excess of alcohol and junk food.
Carbohydrates, lately known as carbs are an important part of diet. One cannot do without carbs. If you are thinking that you can lose weight by not having carbohydrates, you are definitely wrong. Crabs provide us with necessary fiber, which our diet cannot be devoid of. However, it is true that in order to lose weight one needs to be shrewd about good carbs and bad carbs, basically, you should be knowing which carbs can be included in your diet and which are the ones that you need to stop having.
Now, let us get acquainted with the good carbs and bad carbs, and, on what basis are they different from each other. So, if you are intending on losing weight, it will good if you have carbohydrates that are low in calories and high on fibers. Perhaps, the carbs that are to be avoided will be high on calories and low on fibers. Therefore, you know that the carbs that are low in calories are easy to digest, whereas, the latter one are not so easy to digest. However, the good part about the good carbs is that they are filling. Therefore, you will not feel hungry after eating them. It is important to know that these good carbs are also known as complex carbs, therefore, do not confuse yourself with complex carbs and good carbs, because they are the same.
Which are the food items that can be listed amongst the bad carbs? As discussed above, the bad carbs are high on sugar level and low on fibers, perhaps there digestion is also slowed down. These are the ones which are good only good for occasions, but you cannot include them in your daily diet. A few of them are candies, artificial syrups, white sauce pasta and white bread. Unless you wish to gain weight, you should be oblivion to these foods.
Now, now, why are good carbs exactly called good? We know that they low on sugar level and have a good amount of fiber, but there is one more reason, complex carbohydrates have lower glycemic load, which means that they have less amount of sugar and they provide you that with a more consistent rate. Therefore, instead of having white rice, prefer having brown rice and have whole wheat pasta instead of white sauce pasta. Foods like whole oats, brown bread, whole grain corn, fruits and vegetable are rich in fiber and good for a healthy diet. Moreover, these carbs take a longer time to break down into glucose, and perhaps, are good for your diet if you wish to lose weight at the earliest.
It is pivotal to note that all the carbs are alike, perhaps, it is necessary to make a dichotomy between them, in order to know what is healthy and what is not healthy. For instance, potatoes are sometimes listed amongst good carbs, whereas they release a high amount of sugar and they are to be listed amongst the simple or bad carbs.
When you are with your peers, there would be different suggestions popping up when you people would be discussing what to eat for lunch. Every one of your friends would be having a different taste, but you know the one who agrees on eating everything is a foodie. That one person would eat anything and everything, and would eagerly wait for the food no matter what you people have ordered. Well, this is just one of the features that tell you who is a foodie, let us get familiar with others as well!
- Your friend lives to eat! – You know your friend is a foodie when that person just lives to eat. They wake up and start pondering on what they’ll have for breakfast, and then they come up to you and tell you what they had for breakfast. That person is for sure a foodie if they can think about food and talk about food early in the morning. The rest of your friends might ask him to be quiet, as most people are not in a mood to eat early morning and as a matter of fact most people even skip the first meal of the day.
- They know about all the good cafes- A person who adores food would know of all the good places that offer delicious food. You do not need apps like zomato when you have a friend who could tell you about all the amazing restaurants no matter which place you referred. The obvious reason is that they have been to every one of those places, it might be street food or an authentic place. They would save their money to go to a restaurant; they would also know which dish the café famous is for.
- They express their love socially too- we are all aware of applications like Instagram and snapchat where people keep putting their photos. But this one of your friends would have most of the posts of food from different places rather than their photos. We know the person is crazy for food when they want to capture everything they eat and then put it up on Instagram showing off their love. Your mouth would start getting watery after seeing their posts; you would wonder why you have not been to those places. Well, that is what happens when you have a friend who is a food lover.
They don’t care about calories! – A foodie does not care about their calorie in-take; they hardly care if all they consume is fats. They love food, and they, therefore, do not care about how much fats are they in-taking. The rest of you might say how oily the food or how sweet it is is, but that one foodie friend is just oblivion to all the sweetness and oiliness that the food contains. They would not even care if someone is accompanying them with eating that dish but they would eat it all alone.
The world shall not face ultimate doom due to a zombie apocalypse, alien insurgency or even mathematics; it shall be due to the absence of barbecues – for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Cue in your gasps.
Here are a few great reasons that prove the awesomeness that barbecues behold:
- It’s for all humanity, and it respects your preferences.
As the text above says, barbecues can be consumed by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. For anyone who dissuades the flavor and the ripples of satisfaction it sends to you if you consume vegetables from an indoor grill, I would bring to your notice the bliss that veggies can bring about (shocking, I know) if you can cook the barbecue to perfection. For non-vegetarians, the options are immense ranging from the meat of various kinds to veal to fish. Again, the technique is to grill it to your liking.
- Gather all ye’ friends and roast away.
As absolute social beings, we require the presence of other equally laudable people to appreciate the finer sprinklings of gossip as well as the exchange of information. Communication can be erratic over groups of individuals according to their preferences, but barbecues always bring in social gatherings to discuss how shitty the weather is, the functioning of the government, foreign affairs, passion towards sports, and other such news. What better way to be casually social than to open bottles of beer and chill around grilling eatables?
- Affordability in the summer
When the sun’s scorching rays mess up with your brain and leave you indecisive of where to hang out, never fear for barbecues are here. Not only does it become an outdoor activity (yet you stay in your houses) for anyone too restless to go out, you can bear the summer heat. So while thousands of plans get canceled because of the sweat, you can rely on barbecues to curb your worries.
- Easy guide to becoming a master chef.
With all sorts of variety of best electric smokers looming up in the market, you can be assured that if you follow certain instructions, your very hands might create something magical, later to be devoured by your taste buds. All sorts of gadgets are for easy accessibility. Moreover, recipe books that will surely help you cook your grill to extraordinary magnificence are sprawled all over the Internet. Here’s your token to writing one success story of preparing a fabulous dish without setting a kitchen on fire.
- Following norms setting trends.
Granted, homemade or restaurant barbecues in India are not as in fashion as in the US. But that is the point. Aren’t you bored of your regular oven based grilling or repeated cuisines? With barbecues, you get to try something new, exciting and delicious. If you aren’t able to indulge in cooking one at home, you can always visit any close by restaurant and get a kick of uniquely blended flavors. Put a pause on your regular cuisine and try something different. Start a trend!
You’re missing out on gold dug amidst barbecue flavors if you don’t try it once. The world will die a slow death. Lessen the pain and get your dish today.